Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Rumor: Bobby Valentine


Earlier today, MLB Network's Peter Gammons told WFAN that he believes Bobby Valentine will be the Mets next Manager. Gammons stated,"I think there are two things: 1) He has a history and a good working relationship with Omar Minaya and 2) he is one guy that, though Jeff Wilpon will not always like what he hears from Bobby, I think they can have a relationship where Bobby could say to Jeff, ‘No, we’re not doing this, that’s the wrong thing,’ and in the end they’ll win out together, because they have a mutual respect. I just think now is the right time to bring Bobby back."

From an organizational standpoint, I think Bobby Valentine is the ideal fit to take over as the Mets' next Manager. He is beloved in NY and has the fiery personality that this team needs to get the most out of its players. Personally I would love to see Valentine back in a Mets uniform. There is just one thing to consider. Earlier in the year when the Florida Marlins were trying to hire Valentine, it was reported that he was demanding a contract in the $3-4 million range per year. I don't know how I feel about dishing out $4 Million to a Manager when this money could have been spent on improving the roster. Just a thought to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment