Monday, August 30, 2010

Quote: David Wright on baseball since 2006


The following is a quote by David Wright regarding baseball with the Mets since 2006.

“The ‘06 playoffs were the best time I’ve had playing baseball. The energy and excitement of playing baseball here in New York kind of stands alone… We haven’t been able to consistently be that team. I thought we created a lot to build on in ‘06, but it seems like we have taken some steps back, off of that year. It is frustrating being able to experience that, but not being able to experience that on a consistent basis.”

Opinion- I and many Mets' fans feel the same way as David does. 2006 was the best time of my life as a Mets fan because I got the feeling that everytime the team took the field at Shea Stadium they were going to win. It was the only time in my life that I ever had that feeling regarding this team. It was a great time to be a Mets fan and I think most of us thought like David that it was the beginning of something great. However, it has not gone that way and we have struggled to re-gain that winning style of baseball. The fact of the matter is that i fear we will have basically the same team on the field next year except for a different Manager. "If" the pitching is as good next as it has been this year it can give us hope. However we will be relying on a lot of "ifs" once again and we know based on this years experience if you do that, it can be trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment